If you’re waking up at the crack of dawn to a desk full of paperwork, invoices piled high, and yesterday’s cold coffee still standing in the mix, then maybe it’s time to think about a small business management software system to help you, not only to get through the day and sleep through the night, but to help you manage, control, and grow your accounting business. Sounds too easy? The fact is, it is easy – and it’s even easier than you think.
Here’s why your accounting firm — and probably your small business clients as well, need small business management software (and presumably, also a good night’s sleep).
Since the success of your accounting business depends overwhelmingly — perhaps solely — on you, you’re always on the lookout for ways to save money and resources, build your brand, and more importantly, enhance the client experience. Every quality service you deliver results in a satisfied client.
Moreover, in many cases those clients are looking to you for a lot more than bookkeeping and tax compliance services. They view you as their most trusted advisor — their go-to provider of strategic and advisory services from financial planning to technology adoption advice.
Showing your clients how small business management software can put them in control of the sales process from the initial purchase order to delivery at their customer’s door, and helping them to grow their businesses, fits right into your role of trusted advisor.
Whether it’s for your own accounting firm or a client’s small business, implementing a small business management system, a web-based “on line” system, allows you or others in the business to access the system and work remotely at any time and from any location. This is the #1 reason why a small business management software solution is a perfect fit for your small business and those of many of your clients. But wait, we’ve got a few more reasons:
- Save valuable time. Time is money! It will save you and your team valuable time each and every day. When you’ve got one system in place, you won’t need to switch back and forth between systems because you’ll have your accounts, orders, customer lists, and more – all conveniently in one application. Tasks will be easier to access, manage, and control.
- Control your daily schedule. Many systems offer integrated (shared) calendars to help you and your team manage appointments, deliveries, client or customer visits, and more. Plus, as an owner, you’ll be able to see where you team is, what they’re doing, and plan their time accordingly to get the most out of your business day. And when it comes to employee timesheets, a small business management system can also track employee work hours. With such a system, employees in the field (sales reps, tech service teams, etc.) can easily access the system, fill in their work hours and you can track their projects and manage their payroll/salaries – right from the system.
- Manage your projects. Basic project management is essential for the success of any small business. With today’s easy project management tools, you can create a project, e.g. a customer visit, new vendor price lists, restocking your inventory, and assign responsibility to a team member. Then you can track its progress by just clicking into that project without having to chase after employees to view its status and take the appropriate action to get the job done.
- Generate price quotes and invoices. Sales are the heart of any small business, so why not generate your price quotes and invoices via a single application? Now you’ll be able to easily follow up sales leads and prospective customers by verifying which quotes were given out and not followed up. Just imagine — you’ll be able to see if your price quote has been accepted and respond instantly. You can change it into an invoice, close the deal and yes, save valuable time – and create another satisfied customer!
- Reduce those reams of paperwork. A business management system easily creates — and more importantly, stores — your business and sales documents in one convenient, easy to access location. As soon as you’ve created a new document, whether a price quote, invoice, shipping doc or even an email to a customer or supplier, it can be saved directly into your system. No more hunting for or waiting for emails between employees, from suppliers or customers – it’s all instantly retrievable – again, at any time and from any location!
- Yes, your accounting firm — and those of many of your small business clients — is big enough. Small businesses, anywhere from one up to 50 employees, can profitably implement a small business management system. Today’s systems are highly intuitive, meaning they’re very user-friendly, so anyone with basic computer skills can easily learn and use the system. What’s more, you don’t need to be a super small company to enjoy the benefits of a business management system, but you also won’t need costly external IT (computer) support to be up and running and easily managing your business from the get-go.
If you’re thinking about how to grow your accounting firm or help small business clients grow their, including how to get the most out of employees, how to boost sales, and how to improve customer retention, then it’s time to shop around for a small business management software system. When the going gets tough, so they say, the tough… get going. How about you?