Intuit has released the R10 update for QuickBooks for Mac 2012. Here is a short list of the significant fixes. For details see the Intuit QuickBooks Support website.
One very important aspect to this update: If you are working with a client’s files you don’t want to update your program until you have given the file back, as from what I understand this update will convert the file and make it incompatible with older revisions.
This release fixes several problems that could cause the program to crash or freeze. These problems could occur when:
- Saving an invoice that was created by duplicating a progress invoice.
- Recording a transaction from a register while working with “splits”.
- When system resolution is set too low.
- When printing bill payments.
In addition, the following corrections were implemented:
- You can now use Other Expense accounts for reimbursable expenses.
- When you create multiple invoices from a single estimate the correct invoiced percentages will show.
- Clicking the enter time icon on the home page will open the correct time entry form based on time tracking preferences.
- QuickBooks will no longer display an error when enabling multi-user access after an online banking session.
- You will no longer see an error message when adding a transaction from the DLT window with the “Show Matched” option turned off.
- Clicking OK to the “Account cannot be blank” warning message in the reconcile window will no longer get you stuck in an endless loop while in multi-user mode.
If you open QuickBooks in multi-user mode you must update ALL clients as well as the QuickBooks 2012 Server, or you will receive errors.